Waffle House hero James Shaw Jr named one of Nashville's most beautiful people
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) - Waffle House hero James Shaw Jr. has another honor to add to his accolades.
Nashville Lifestyles has named Shaw as one of its annual "25 Most Beautiful People." Shaw took down a gunman who killed four people and injured others at Waffle House in Antioch on April 22.
"There are heroes among us, as we discovered through this year's search for Nashville's Most Beautiful People. James Shaw, Jr., for one. But also those who give their time and energy to greater causes, or simply make the world more beautiful in the work that they do." - Nashville Lifestyles
Shaw has adamantly said that he doesn’t want to be called a hero – but that’s how America sees him. The Nashville native calls himself an "older soul" who got his brave instincts from his parents.
Other notable honorees included:
- CW58/MyTV30 Torri Yates-Orr
- Influencer, Mallory Ervin
- Tennessee Titans running back, Derrick Henry
- Singer-songwriter, Kane Brown
- Homemaker and philanthropist, Lauren Akins
- Songwriter and country artist, Ryan Griffin
- Entrepreneur, model, reality TV star, Wirth Campbell
- Actor and restaurateur, Billy Dec
- Songwriter and producer, Nicolle Galyon
This is 19th anniversary for the magazine.