ONLY, Tenn. (WZTV) — The Tennessee Department of Correction has identified all 16 inmates reportedly involved in an assault at Turney prison on Sunday.
TDOC said two officers were repeatedly stabbed and another officer severely physically assaulted in an unprovoked attack with inmates with gang ties at about 4 p.m.
Officer Jesse Shockley was held hostage for three hours, while officers Lester Ball and Paul Nielsen were removed from the unit immediately, TDOC said. The TDOC Special Operations Unit regained control of the until about 7 p.m.
All three officers were airlifted to a local hospital. TDOC said Ball has since been released at Shockley and Nielsen are in stable condition.
There were no other injuries.
TDOC said all inmates were moved to Morgan County Correctional Complex, a maximum security facility, Sunday night. Since then, four inmates, Michael Mills, Nicholas Durant, Victor Sparkman and Ronnie Akins, have been moved to Riverbend Maximum Security Institution.
The investigation is ongoing.
Here is a list of inmates and their offenses:
- Charles K. Cortez, sentenced 8 years for aggravated burglary
- Michael Deon Mill, sentenced 25 years for especially aggravated kidnapping, aggravated burglary and especially aggravated robbery
- Christopher Hambright, sentenced 8 years for Schedule II, VI, Drug conspiracy, aggravated robbery and aggravated assault
- Michael Keyon Martin, sentenced 18 years for attempt contraband in a Penal Facility, attempted second-degree murder, aggravated robbery, attempted forgery and schedule II drugs
- Laquinton Brown, sentenced 16 years for aggravated burglary, employment of firearms, a dangerous felony, attempted voluntary manslaughter and aggravated assault
- Kenneth Deangelo Thomas, sentenced to life in prison for first-degree murder and robbery
- TY Johnson, sentenced 10 years, 2 months and 14 days for robbery, aggravated robbery, possession of a weapon as a convicted felon, reckless endangerment and deadly weapon
- Deanthony Perry, sentenced to life in prison for first-degree murder
- Travis Eugene Taylor, sentenced to 21 years for employment of a firearm, a dangerous felony and voluntary manslaughter
- Curtis Beechem, sentenced to life in prison for first-degree murder and attempted aggravated robbery
- Nicholas Rico Durant, sentenced to life i prison for first-degree murder
- Victor Sharmell Sparkman, sentenced to 33 years for second-degree murder, especially aggravated robbery, especially aggravated burglary and aggravated robbery
- Casey Mackey, sentenced to 20 years for employment of a firearm - a dangerous felony, attempted first-degree murder and evading arrest
- Ryan Clark Stevenson, sentenced to 15 years for attempted first-degree murder and aggravated burglary
- Ronnie Cortez Akins, sentenced to life for aggravated robbery, criminal negligent homicide, especially aggravates robbery and first-degree murder
- Lamarquis Cortez Rivers, sentenced 10 years for four counts of Schedule II Drugs, aggravated burglary and theft of property