Areas to avoid in Middle Tennessee due to flooding
Nashville, Tenn.--Police and Fire crews continue to work areas flooded due to storms in Middle Tennessee. A Flood Warning has been extended for Davidson, Rutherford, Williamson, and Wilson counties until 1:45 pm.
In Antioch, Bell Road at Eagle View has been washed out due to half of the road being washed out and collapsing into a retention pond. Antioch Pike at Goodwin has also been closed due to flooding. The bridge over Blue Hole Road has also been closed by police as crews wait for waters to recede.
The area of Mill Creek has also reported flooding with the creek reportedly one foot above flood stage.
In Brentwood, the city reports flooding along the Little Harpeth. Franklin Road and Murray Lane has seen flooding. Crews are also working a house fire on Burlwood Court in Cromwell subdivision.
In Smyrna, water has covered the road at Sam Ridley Boulevard at Old Nashville Highway. Wade Herod Road at Nevada Lane also has high water on the roadway.
The bridge at 606 Mason Tucker Dr. will also be closed due to high water. Seminary Road south of Noel Lane has also reported flooding.
The creek near Rock Springs Road near Rock Springs Middle School has also reported flooding.
In Williamson County, flooding has been reported on Montpier Drive.
In Rutherford County, J.D. Todd Road has been closed at Fall Creek after the creek swelled above the roadway. Schools were closed due to many roads being flooded and unsafe for buses.
In Cheatham County, the Harpeth River at the Tip-A-Canoe area has reported flooding with the Harpeth above normal levels.
The following closures have been reported in Rutherford County:
· Cainsville Pike and Hoover Road.
· Kedron Church Road at Rocky Fork Road.
· The 7300 block of North Lamar Road.
· Hoover Road.
· Browns Mill Road in Lascassas.
· Lofton Road in Lascassas.
· J.W. Jordan Road.
· Cascade Falls at Fall Parkway.
Roads with high water include:
· Rockdale Fellowship Road at North Lamar Road.
· Powells Chapel Road at West Jefferson Pike.
· West Jefferson Pike at Arnold Road.
· Givens Road at Lascassas Pike.
· Stones River Road at the slab.
· Blue Ridge Road where water reached a house.
· Cutoff Road at Debra Drive.
· West Jefferson Pike.