- FOX Football Friday - Week 4, Part 1
- FOX Football Friday - Week 4, Part 2
- "The Sports Office" - September 19, 2014
- Vols regroup during bye week after first loss
- Jason McCourty questionable versus Cincinnati
- Friday Night Rivals Preview: Gallatin vs. Hendersonville
- Shea Weber becomes a proud papa
- Predators begin training camp
- Nashville new home for Oakland A's Triple-A affiliate
- Titans QB Jake Locker off to inconsistent start
- Tennessee wide receiver Von Pearon to miss at least one more game
- Minnesota Vikings Reverse Course on Adrian Peterson
- "The Locker Room" opens at TriStar Centennial
- RAW news: Derek Mason Monday press conference
- Titans sign linebacker James Anderson
- Rick Stockstill talks about upcoming Memphis game
- RAW News: Rick Stockstill Monday news conference at Middle Tennessee
- Minnesota Vikings Reinstate Adrian Peterson
- Titans ineffective in 26-10 loss to Cowboys at LP Field
- Middle Tennessee outlasts Western Kentucky in 3 overtimes
- Vols lose to Sooners at Oklahoma, 34-10
- TSU blasts Jackson State, 35-7
- Chattanooga beats Austin Peay, 42-6
- Vandy rallies for late win over UMass, 34-31
- FOX Football Friday - Week Three - Part One
- FOX Football Friday - Week Three - Part Two
- Titans injury update
- Tennessee-Martin beats Cumberland, 63-7
- Blooper: Beware of the "side bump" during TD celebrations
- Police Warn of Fake Cowboys vs. Titans Tickets
- Friday Night Rivals Preview: Marshall County vs. Columbia Central
- Vols say they're better prepared for trip to Oklahoma
- Titans using four running backs to replace Chris Johnson
- Middle Tennessee downplays rivalry game with Western Kentucky
- BREAKING: AP Source says Ray Rice video sent to NFL in April
- Linebacker Zach Brown confirmed out for season
- Tennessee-Oklahoma preview
- Derek Mason says Vandy QB job open again
- Tennessee Titans Make Statement in Win Over Chiefs
- Rick Stockstill on the revival of the WKU rivalry
- RAW News: Ken Whisenhunt Monday press conference
- Titans lose LB Zach Brown to torn pectoral muscle
- BREAKING: Baltimore Ravens Terminate Ray Rice in Wake of Video
- Tennesee offense to be tested by Oklahoma D
- Titans open season with 26-10 win over Chiefs
- TSU beaten by Alabama State, 27-21
- Paul Jones reports from Kansas City on Chiefs-Titans game
- Ole Miss rolls to victory over Vandy, 41-3
- MTSU falls at Minnesota, 35-24
- Indiana State beats Tennessee Tech, 49-14
- Vols move to 2-0 with 34-19 win over Arkansas State
- Middle Tennessee ready for the Golden Gophers
- FOX Football Friday - Week Two - Part One
- FOX Football Friday - Week Two - Part Two
- FOX Football Friday - Week Two - Part Three
- Butch Jones expects tough game for Vols against Arkansas State
- Brad Tammen resigns as Sounds general manager
- TSU prepares for trip to Alabama State
- Friday Night Rivals Preview: Giles Co. vs. CPA
- "The Sports Office" - September 4, 2014
- Tennessee seeking improvement in running game
- 5 ex-Chiefs planning return to Arrowhead Stadium as Titans
- Titans vs. Chiefs Matchup Will Speak Volumes
- Titans name team captains
- Chiefs turn undrafted rookie free agents into key players
- Vols offensive lineman Gilliam out for season
- Mason says he'll be "more demonstrative" on sidelines
- RAW News: Derek Mason comments on Ole Miss game
- MTSU gets ready for game against Big Ten's Golden Gophers
- RAW News: Ken Whisenhunt Monday comments on first game week
- Sounds close out 2014 season with 13-6 win over Round Rock
- Titans add linebacker Groves to roster
- Vols defense impresses in season opener
- Titans sign kicker Ryan Succop
- RAW News: Butch Jones postgame comments after Tennessee win
- Vols beat Utah State in season opener, 38-7
- Titans claim three players off waivers
- Middle Tennessee routs Savannah State, 61-7
- TSU rushes by Edward Waters in the rain, 58-6
- FOX Football Friday - Week 1 - Part 2
- FOX Football Friday - Week 1 - Part 1
- Temple upsets mistake-prone Vanderbilt 37-7
- Tennessee Tech wins opener, beating Kentucky Christian 33-7
- Vanderbilt new uniforms create confusion in season opener
- Hollywood takes over Overton High gymnasium for Don Meyer film
- Titans agree with Casey on extension
- Austin Grammer wins Middle Tennessee starting QB job
- River Cats silence Sounds 2-0
- Derek Mason planning low-key Vanderbilt debut
- Tennessee Tech, Watson Brown agree to contract extension
- Ravenwood's Van Jefferson chooses Georgia over Tennessee, Ohio State, and Florida
- Pitoitua breaks hand, plans to play in first regular season game for Titans
- FOX Football Friday - Week 0 - Part 1
- FOX Football Friday - Week 0 - Part 2
- Bristol spring NASCAR race to move to April
- Live on FOX 17: Vanderbilt's Derek Mason discusses QB decision
- Hendersonville & Wilson Central featured in Friday Night Rivals debut
- Justin Hunter and Mike Preston: Separated at birth?
- RAW News: Tim Shaw discusses his A.L.S. diagnosis and Ice Bucket Challenge to the Titans
- Titans accept Ice Bucket Challenge from former teammate with ALS
- Former Titans linebacker Tim Shaw says he has ALS
- South Nashville closes out Little League World Series with a win over Canada
- Eddie George appears on "The Queen Latifah Show"
- Grizzlies sign Jarnell Stokes to multi-year deal
- Rick Stockstill takes on Ice Bucket Challenge
- Ken Whisenhunt surprises Titans with a trip to the movies
- Recap of Tuesday at Titans training camp
- Justin Hunter fights to get his name back
- In His Own Words: Titans defensive line coach Giff Smith
- Tennessee's Howard never doubted he would return to team
- Vandy draws big crowd for Dore Jam
- Ken Whisenhunt releases Titans first depth chart...sort of
- In His Own Words: Titans Offensive Line Coach Bob Bostad
- TSU's Nick Thrasher eyes school record for tackles
- Unhappy Camper: Tennessee coach Butch Jones upset with Vols' effort in camp
- Rod Reed uses dog tags to motivate his TSU Tigers
- Middle Tennessee kicks off fall camp
- Derek Mason's first fall camp at Vanderbilt kicks off
- In His Own Words: Titans Linebackers Coach Lou Spanos
- Detroit Tigers acquire Murfreesboro's David Price in blockbuster trade
- Titans pump up the volume at training camp
- Titans safety Bernard Pollard uses day off to rest his voice
- Vanderbilt's Derek Mason sees only opportunity in upcoming Fall Camp
- Vanderbilt's Tim Corbin delivers pep talk to South Nashville Little League
- Butch Jones speaks at Wildhorse Saloon
- In His Own Words: Titans Secondary Coach Louie Cioffi
- Titans first day in pads
- Titans tight end Delanie Walker gives back to area youngsters
- Titans deliver season tickets to fans
- Jake Locker Football Camp
- Local golfer qualifies for PGA Championship
- Titans quarterback Zach Mettenberger involved in off-the-field incident
- OVC Football Media DayJacksonville State
- Austin Peay looking forward to Governors Stadium upgrades
- Media vote: 2014 OVC football projections
- Taylor Lewan to go to trial in fan-punching case
- Paul Jones reports from SEC Media Days on Vanderbilt
- James Wilhoit kicking camp in Goodlettsville
- Venom win PIFL Title at Municipal
- Preds end week of Development camp with scrimmage
- NCAA Stamp of Approval: Trevecca athletics joins Division II
- Predators 2014 first round pick Kevin Fiala showing patience
- Big moment for Big Orange: Tennessee lands 5-star recruit with ties to Tennessee
- Predators prospects hit ropes course at Camp Widjiwagan
- Why pucks are something to marvel at during Predators Development Camp
- Mike Fisher out 4-6 months with ruptured Achilles tendon
- Preds introduce Jokinen
- Predators sign Olli Jokinen
- James Neal eager to emerge as leader for Predators
- Poile speaks about the Neal trade
- Jarnell Stokes headed home, introduced by Memphis Grizzlies
- Predators & Penguins strike a deal on NHL Draft day
- Triumphant return for the Vanderbilt baseball team
- BREAKING: Vanderbilt wins College World Series with 3-2 win over Virginia
- Hollywood Story: Titans right tackle Michael Oher an inspiration to his teammates
- Dansby Swanson's close call during Vanderbilt celebration
- Two current Titans are now part of LP Field facade
- Dexter McCluster's "battle" for #22
- Tullahoma's Justus Sheffield surprised with Gatorade Player of the Year award
- Jake Locker Celebrity Go-Karting Challenge
- The Vinny Celebrity Pro-Am
- Prince shows up at French Open
- Vandy coach Mason doesn't leave home without gold card
- Cumberland wins NAIA Baseball Championship
- Friendly foes meet at NCAA Baseball Tournament in Nashville
- Roos vs. Lewan: The Battle at left tackle
- Barry Trotz introduced as Capitals new head coach
- Locker near full speed in Titans OTA Tuesday
- Capitals hire Barry Trotz as head coach, promote Brian MacLellan to general manager
- FOX 17 Sports Video Vault: Mike Reeder's determined spirit allows him to play golf
- FOX 17 Sports Video Vault: Kenny Green overcomes physical challenge to play golf
- Predators general manager David Poile learns to deal with loss of vision in right eye
- FOX 17 Sports Video Vault: Pretty "woman"
- Predators hire Peter Laviolette as new head coach
- FOX 17 Sports Video Vault: "Twiggy" the water-skiing squirrel
- FOX 17 Sports Video Vault: Bruce Pearl's sweaty experience in Florida
- FOX 17 Sports Video Vault: Meet the Nashville Predators' organist
- David Poile: Coaching change "wake up call" for entire Predators squad
- FOX 17 Sports Video Vault: T-Rac in training
- FOX 17 Exclusive: Chris Johnson returns to Nashville, speaks briefly about possible departure from Titans
- Vanderbilt books LP Field home game for September 6th vs. Ole Miss
- Vols fall in heartbreaker to Michigan, 73-71
- Former Titan Alterraun Verner donates books to Napier Elementary School
- "The Sports Office" - March 20, 2014
- Auburn hires Bruce Pearl as men's basketball coach
- Former Blue Raider escapes from Ukraine crisis
- This Week In Smashville: Predators' announcer Pete Weber visits FOX 17 after health scare
- More Kevin Stallings reaction to Vanderbilt's postponed basketball game at South Carolina
- Kevin Stallings reacts to Vanderbilt's postponed basketball game at South Carolina
- Two health scares for the Nashville Predators
- National Signing Day Analysis
- Eyewitness describes scene as Predator's GM David Poile is hit in face by puck
- National Signing Day: Part I
- National Signing Day: Part II
- National Signing Day: Part III
- One-On-One with Vols' recruit Jashon Robertson
- Golden Tate: Life imitating art
- TSU's impressive history at the Super Bowl
- Golden Tate's mom stops by FOX 17 before heading to the Super Bowl
- "The Sports Office" - January 28, 2014
- FOX 17's Paul Jones sits down with new Titans' head coach Ken Whisenhunt
- "The Sports Office" - January 15, 2014
- Keenan Reynolds home for the holidays
- "The Sports Office" catches up with Rays pitcher David Price
- "The Sports Office" 10-17-13
Temple upsets mistake-prone Vanderbilt 37-7
Updated: Friday, August 29 2014, 08:21 AM CDT
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Temple showed how much it's changed since last year.
In the process, the Owls also exposed how different things are for Vanderbilt in the post-James Franklin era.
P.J. Walker threw two touchdown passes and ran for a third score as Temple forced seven turnovers to upset Vanderbilt 37-7 in a lightning-delayed game that ended Friday at 1:14 a.m. Central time.
Temple earned its first win over a Southeastern Conference team since beating Florida in 1938. The Owls spoiled the head coaching debut of Vanderbilt's Derek Mason, the former Stanford defensive coordinator hired after Franklin left for Penn State.
"They learned that if you prepare and put your heart and soul on the line and go out and play hard, good things will happen," Temple coach Matt Rhule said. "I'm really happy for them."
Vanderbilt's turnovers made the difference.
Temple had 13 takeaways all of last year while going 2-10, but the Owls continually forced Vanderbilt into mistakes in the season opener for both teams. The Owls also picked off three passes to match the Temple defense's 2013 interception total. All but 10 of Temple's 37 points came off turnovers.
That included a game-changing play in the final minute of the first half. Vanderbilt trailed 14-7 and was seeking a game-tying score when Avery Ellis sacked Stephen Rivers and forced a fumble that Averee Robinson returned 73 yards for a Temple touchdown.
"Our main thing coming into the game was to get turnovers," said Temple cornerback Tavon Young, who had two interceptions. "We knew they were an SEC team, they were smart, so we knew we'd have to make plays to win the game."
The night couldn't have gone much worse for Vanderbilt, which was trying to maintain the momentum it established during Franklin's three-year tenure.
Franklin went 9-4 and led Vanderbilt to a Top 25 finish each of his last two seasons and also brought a new attitude with his brash personality.
That spark was missing against Temple as the Commodores made mistake after mistake.
"I put it on my shoulders," Mason said. "Just not a very good job of executing tonight. Offensively, (we) just couldn't sustain any drives. Too many penalties. Just couldn't find rhythm."
The oddities in this game started long before the opening kickoff.
Repeated lightning strikes prevented the game from starting until 9:52 p.m. Central time. Fans couldn't enter the stadium and the teams didn't start warming up until 35 minutes before the opening kickoff. The long wait occurred while an NFL game between the Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings just 2 1/2 miles away went on without delays.
"We were running to the store, buying food, coming back and feeding the guys," Rhule said. "I thought our team had a tremendous, tremendous attitude about it. They were like, 'Let's play whenever.'"
Vanderbilt introduced new uniforms that almost resulted in a loss of timeouts. The Commodores had their team slogan, "Anchor Down" written on the back of their jerseys, where a player's name usually appears. Early in the second quarter, officials said the presence of the slogan made the jerseys impermissible and that Vanderbilt would be charged a timeout each quarter they were worn. Later that quarter, the officials said Vanderbilt wouldn't be penalized at all. Vanderbilt athletic department spokesman Larry Leathers said the jerseys were approved by the Southeastern Conference.
The Commodores were doing themselves enough damage, no matter what they wore.
Mason used three different quarterbacks -- Patton Robinette, Rivers and Johnny McCrary -- in an attempt to spark his struggling offense. Vanderbilt's offense didn't produce any points all night long.
"We just didn't play well all the way around," Mason said. "When you look at it, I'm not going to excuse it away. We'll find a way to be better."
Vanderbilt's touchdown came in the second quarter when Temple's punter Alex Starzyk couldn't handle a snap and Oren Burks pounced on the loose ball in the end zone. That score briefly tied the game at 7.
While Vanderbilt could do nothing right, Temple couldn't do much wrong.
Walker found Brandon Shippen for a 35-yard touchdown on a fourth-and-5 play to open the scoring. Temple converted on fourth-and-8 in its second touchdown drive.
Temple's helmets included patches that said "Lew" to honor longtime Board of Trustees member Lewis Katz, who died May 31 in a plane crash.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.