Wang Vision Institute
Dr. Ming Wang graduated from Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MD, magna cum laude) in Boston, Massachusetts, holds a doctorate degree in laser spectroscopy, and completed his residency at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, PA and his corneal and refractive surgery fellowship at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, FL. He is an editorial board member of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today and Refractive EyeCare.
A former panel consultant to the US FDA Ophthalmic Device Panel and a founding director of Vanderbilt Laser Sight Center, Dr. Wang published a paper in the world-renowned journal "Nature", as well as seven ophthalmic textbooks. Additionally, he has published over 120 papers (mostly in peer-reviewed scientific journals) and book chapters.
Dr. Wang introduced 3D bladeless all-laser LASIK (18-60 yo), 3D Forever Young Lens surgery (40-65 yo) and 3D laser cataract surgery (60+ yo) to the state and is the only surgeon in Tennessee that performs these 3D laser vision procedures. He holds several US patents for his inventions of new biotechnologies to restore sight, including an amniotic membrane contact lens, an adaptive infrared retinoscopic device for detecting ocular aberrations, a digital eye bank for virtual clinical trials, phacoballoon technology and phaco-free all-laser cataract surgery technology.
- Harvard & MIT graduate (MD, magna cum laude)
- One of the few 3D laser cataract and 3D LASIK surgeons with a PhD in laser physics
- Published a major paper in the world renowned journal "Nature"
- Implanted the state's first new premium lens for 3D laser cataract surgery
- Trained in 3 of the nation's top 4 ophthalmic institutions (Harvard Medical School(MD, magna cum laude), Wills Eye Hospital (ophthalmology residency), Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (corneal fellowship))
- Over 55,0003D LASIK and laser cataract procedures (including on over 4,000doctors)
- Board member, Prevent Blindness Tennessee, a 501c(3) non-profit charity
- The ONLY exclusively 3D bladeless all-laser LASIK center in Tennessee
- TN's FIRST center that offers 3D laser cataract surgery
- FIRST to offer 3D Forever Young Lens surgery to reduce need for readers/bifocals!
- TN's FIRST & ONLY smart eye surgery
- FIRST and ONLY in TN to perform cross-linking for keratoconus
- 100% 3D bladeless LASIK since 2002 (longer than 99% of the surgeons in the US)