The Holly Bobo Case
- 3rd Man Charged with Holly Bobo's Murder
- Lawyers in Holly Bobo Case Fight Over Evidence
- Man Who Lost Immunity in Holly Bobo Case Killed in Apparent Suicide
- New Special Prosecutor Assigned to Holly Bobo Case
- TBI Resumes Handling Cases in 24th Judicial District
- Judge: Holly Bobo Case Proceeding Too Slow
- Security to be Increased for Bobo Hearing
- DA Does Not Pursue Evidence, Accessory Charges Against Holly Bobo Defendant
- The Holly Bobo Case: John Dylan Adams Indicted on Two Counts of Rape
- Zach Adams' Brother Arrested in Holly Bobo Case
- Community Begins to Grieve As Holly Bobo Case Intensifies
- A Look Back at Holly Bobo Case So Far
- Holly Bobo Family Statement, Comments From Sheriff
- Holly Bobo Case: Sheriff Keith Byrd Speaks With FOX 17 This Morning
- BREAKING: Holly Bobo Remains Discovered
- Human Skull Found in Decatur County--Mikayla Lewis
- Suspect in Holly Bobo Case Misses Court Due to Mishap
- Holly Bobo Case: Witness Says She Watched Video of Bobo Tied Up
- Debra Tudors talks about Tabitha and Holly Bobo
- Two More Men Arrested in Holly Bobo Case
- Court Hearing for Suspect in Holly Bobo Disappearance
- Holly Bobo Ex-Boyfriend Arrested on Kidnapping, Assault Charges
- RAW NEWS: Holly Bobo Press Conference
- Holly Bobo Case: Shayne Austin in Court for Immunity Hearing
- Holly Bobo Case: Jason Autry, Zach Adams State Innocence During Arraignment
- Second Suspect Charged in Holly Bobo Case
- The Search for Holly Bobo Continues--Mikayla Lewis
- Suspect Accused of Holly Bobo Murder Pleads Not Guilty
- Speculation Zachary Adams involved in Attempted Kidnapping before Bobo Disappeared
- Ride For Holly Bobo--Mikayla Lewis
- Holly Bobo's Church Supports Her Family During Tough Week--Mikayla Lewis
- NEW: Holly Bobo's Family Breaks Silence
- Holly Bobo Case: Zach Adams' Former Stepfather Talks to Fox 17 --Mikayla Lewis
- EXCLUSIVE: TBI Director Reflects on Holly Bobo Investigation - Erika Lathon
- Residents in Holly Bobo's Hometown of Parsons Devastated by Indictment, Realization
- Holly Bobo Case: Zach Adams Indicted for Kidnapping, Murder
Holly Bobo Case: Zach Adams' Former Stepfather Talks to Fox 17 --Mikayla Lewis
Stream WZTV Fox 17 Newscasts LIVE starting with Fox 17 This Morning at 5am and News at 9pm.
NASHVILLE, Tenn.-- A man who was once Zachary Adams' stepfather speaks with FOX 17 News and sheds light on what it was like to live with the man indicted for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo.
"The Bobo family, I am just sick and tore up about it, I've got them in my prayers all the time, "said Adams' former stepfather, who wants to keep his identity concealed. A former firefighter, the man married Cindy Adams, Zach Adams' mother in 2000.
"It was some of the happiest days of my life when we first got married but he just destroyed our whole lives,"said Adam's former stepfather.
According to the TBI, Zach started getting busted for drugs like meth in 2002. He also started assaulting people.
"Mostly it was girls and women, he didn't mess with men much,"said the ex-step dad.
Adams' former stepfather tells FOX 17 about how he was at the home when he says a teenage Zach shot his mother. The stepfather says Zach and his former wife were arguing and as he went to the back bedroom, he heard a gunshot. He says he did not find out until later that Zach had shot his mother and that she said she sat on the gun because she didn't want her son to go to jail.
"She hollered out 'I've been shot!' So when I get back in the living room, blood is going everywhere. I really didn't have time to think, other than to stop the bleeding."
The former firefighter says he was forced to take out a protection of order against the teen who allegedly terrorized the whole family. He says Adams started coming back within the year, and the step dad started sleeping with a meat cleaver underneath his side of the bed.
Bobo Family Makes First Statement Since Arrest: CLICK HERE
Follow us on Twitter @wztv_fox17 and LIKE us on Facebook for updates.