Thoughts from Day 5 of Titans Training Camp - 07/31/14
Like the Titans, I had a day off (actually two) so I missed a couple of practices. And like the Titans, I'm back with my observations from training camp. Here's what I noticed today:
1) The guys really needed that day off. Several players talked about being refreshed and rejuvenated following their first day off. It didn't sound like many of them did a whole lot either. Plenty of sleeping and off their feet. Which brings me to my next observation...
2) "Camp Legs" are starting to set in. Coach Ken Whisenhunt talked about it in his post-practice press conference. Players are getting rubber legs at this point. Fatigue and exhaustion are beginning to take a toll. It will be interesting to see when the Titans push past that stage, which is common in training camps at all levels.
3) Players are getting feisty. We're now in Day 3 of pads. Guys are sick of hitting and getting hit. This morning, Derel Walker and Bernard Pollard got into it. My guess is you'll see more fights in upcoming days. Especially if the temperature heats up.
4) The Titans can't wait to hit someone in another color jersey. The practice with the Atlanta Falcons in Georgia cannot come soon enough. It's actually Monday. The players are counting down the days.
5) The Titans continue to take their shots down the field. It almost seems like all the QB's have been given instructions that if the first read isn't there, throw it deep. It seems to be working. There were numerous long completions this morning, from guys at all levels of the depth chart.
That's what stood out to me today. Back at it tomorrow at 2:50!